The brustolina is common in kitchens throughout Italy. This grill ("graticola") is used for more than just a bread toaster ("tostapane"). On the stove, the brustolina diffuses heat evenly to quickly heat and toast slices of bread, to crisp bread for bruschetta, to crisp slices of polenta, to roast peppers, and more.
Imported directly from Italy
How to Order
La Gratella Stovetop Bread & Polenta Toaster
Graticola Tosta Pane e Polenta - Brustolina
10" square with a 4" long retractable steel wire handle
18/10 stainless steel wire mesh, stainless steel body and handle
Imported directly from Italy.
Made in Italy
• Use the brustolina over any kind of stove burners, and over an open fire.
• Use a potholder for handling when hot.
• Cover the grill with foil when roasting peppers, eggplant, and other foods that can get under the grid.
• When you're done, let it cool, then just turn it upside down to shake out breadcrumbs. A dry stiff brush can help. The grid is not removable.
• Use it as directed and you will never need to wash the brustolina.
Interesting articles that we think you will enjoy, on how Italians use the Graticola Tostapane:
LA Weekly Interview with Faith Willinger
Laura Vitale - Simply Laura
La Gratella Graticola Tostapane Stainless Steel Stovetop Toaster
Larger image at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Brustolina_-graticola-tostapane.jpg
Corner detail of the brustolina La Gratella Graticola Tostapane
Underside of the brustolina La Gratella Graticola Tostapane
Packaging of the brustolina La Gratella Graticola Tostapane
With a piece of toasted bread and a piece of toasted polenta.
"Graticola" bread and polenta toaster
Approved for food use
Practical and fast
With grid in 18/10 stainless steel
For use over gas stoves, induction, and over a fire
Rectractable steel handle
100% Italian product